Human Chorionic Hormone (hCG) Diet
Natural. Safe. Effective
Bioscor Clinic hCG Diet Program
We introduced the injectable hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) program in our clinic 7 years ago and we only access our supply of hCG from reputable Australian Pharmaceutical Companies.
hCG is quite unstable and does not have a long shelf life. For your safety and for efficacy, we only order as required so that we can ensure the freshness and safe refrigerated delivery of the product.
Our philosophy around offering the hCG diet program to our clients, is the belief that assisting clients with a safe and quick weight loss, helps to engage them in pursuing more long-term health strategies for maintaining a healthy weight.
By taking the first step and making the choice to return to a more invigorating lifestyle, you can be confident that you are now on your way to achieving that goal!
What is hCG? How does it work?
hCG is a hormone secreted by the placenta during pregnancy (the same hormone detected in home pregnancy kits). It was first used to help weight loss because several physicians noted that overweight women actually lose weight when they were pregnant. More than a dozen medical studies have shown that combined with a low calorie diet, the hCG will tap into the fat reserves to use as fuel instead of relying on food as energy.
Usually with low calorie diets, your body goes into a starvation mode and burns up muscle instead of fat for energy, however, hCG is key here. It actually uses only your fat stores as fuel so you can maintain your muscle mass. Moreover, the hCG protocol will “reset” your metabolism to ensure you can maintain your weight loss long-term, unlike most diets. And unlike most calorie-restricted diets, most people find that they do not feel like they are hungry all day (except at lunch or dinner times) and do not feel moody which makes the protocol easy to comply with and complete.
Why choose us?
- Experience: The clinicians at Bioscor Clinic in Melbourne, Australia have participated fully in the prescription injectable treatment using hCG, so we know how it works and the pitfalls in following the protocols. Together, we’ve lost more than 30 kilos between ourselves!
- Quality: We only obtain our hCG from reputable Australian pharmacies to ensure you are getting the best quality product. Do not buy your hCG online from unknown sources even if they appear much cheaper. You cannot tell what is truly in your vial so why would you risk injecting yourself with an unknown solution?
- Support: We are an actual clinic with real people you can talk to. Our Melbourne clinic opens from 9AM – 5.30PM Mondays to Fridays as well as 9AM to 12 noon on Saturdays. We also work alternate late nights on Thursdays and Fridays till 6.30PM fortnightly, just call us to find out when!
- Medical advice: We will always begin your assessment with a consultation with a Doctor. This is to ensure that you are a suitable and healthy candidate for the hCG diet. This diet involves a very low calorie intake of 500 calories for at least 21 days with little-to-no exercise. It is vital that you seek medical advice and get clearance from a Doctor before you can embark on this journey. After your consultation, we will write up a prescription to order in your hCG from a known Australian pharmacy and give you a phone call as soon as it arrives as we believe the hCG should be made as fresh as possible for maximum effectiveness!
Top 10 most frequently asked questions about the HCG Diet
- Can I Drink Alcohol on the hCG Diet?
- How much weight can I expect to lose on the program?
- Why do we inject it? Is it painful?
- Wouldn’t I lose the same amount of weight eating a very low calorie diet without hCG?
- Will my metabolism slow down if I am on a very low calorie diet?
- Can men be on the hCG diet?
- Will hCG interfere with any medications I am currently taking?
- Will I get pregnant with hCG?
- Will I experience any changes in my menstrual cycle taking hCG?
- Can I exercise daily?
1. How much weight can I expect to lose on the program?
Most people will lose between 10 and 20 kg on the 42 day program and around 6-10 Kg on the 21 day program. Everyone is different. It depends on many factors including how much excess weight you have and how much weight needs to be lost. Often, people lose an average of 500g per day in the first week.
2. Can I Drink Alcohol on the hCG Diet?
In the original hCG diet protocol by Dr. Simeons, it does not mention or account for alcohol. It has found that some hCG users whom have been drinkers or even those that are borderline alcoholic, do surprisingly well on the hCG diet. If the simple instructions are followed correctly, the HCG diet will get them out of their drinking routine. These users have even said that they don’t even feel the need to drink while on the hCG diet because hCG works with the hypothalamus gland which controls the emotional eating/ drinking part of the brain, along with other aspects. However because of the amount of sugar in alcohol we recommend eliminating alcohol while you are on the hCG diet.
3. Why do we inject it? Is it painful?
For the hCG diet, you will find that there are available as injections and sublingual drops. We only provide quality injections as we find that it is the most authentic and effective way of delivering hCG into your system.
hCG is used in extremely low doses for weight loss. Weekly injections of 20 – 25 units are recommended. More frequent injections may be given after re-evaluations and approval from your medical provider. At the correct dose, you should not feel very hungry at all.
Most of our patients, and ourselves included do not feel anything most of the time. Occasionally, there may a tiny sting when you prick your skin. Sometimes you may see a small bruise at the injection sites but these are only temporary.
4. Wouldn’t I lose the same amount of weight eating a very low calorie diet without hCG?
You can lose weight simply by eating fewer calories and fat, but because the body stores fat during times of deprivation, you will most likely lose muscle and bone before fat. This causes cellular metabolism to slow down, so in the long run, it would make gaining weight easier, as well as decrease bone density and muscle mass. By using hCG with the low calorie diet, extra fat is mobilized for energy and the rest is eliminated; the low calorie diet is vital in preventing immediate refilling of emptied fat cells. You benefit by preferentially getting rid of excess fat without affecting your bone and muscle. With hCG you can lose the weight quickly and keep it off!
5. Will my metabolism slow down if I am on a very low calorie diet?
It is true that normally when cutting back on calories and fat, our body stores fat and our metabolism slows down. This happens because fat is really a life-saving source of stored energy. When a very low calorie diet is used in conjunction with the hCG, the hormone signals the body to used stored fat for energy, and will eliminate excess fat reserves. It is a natural process, so no ill effects on your metabolism will result. The hCG keeps the body from going into starvation mode and holding onto fat as it resets your metabolism.
6. Can men be on this diet?
Yes, hCG diet is perfectly safe for men too! It is not a known fact but hCG is actually found in men too. It is just typically found in higher levels in women. hCG has been known to boost testosterone levels in men, thus producing very beneficial effects on males, such as increased energy, increased testosterone levels, and increased fertility levels. Men also tend to lose more efficiently on this diet.
7. Will hCG interfere with any medications I am currently taking?
What about birth control pills or Depo-Provera injections? hCG formulas do not interact with ANY medications, including birth control pills or Depo-Provera.
8. Will I get pregnant with hCG?
hCG is used in a much higher dose (140 times more than in daily injections) to increase fertility. In the small dose of 20 units, hCG does NOT increase fertility. However, fertility is increased with every five (5) pounds of weight loss! Using a hCG diet program of injections may cause a false positive pregnancy test in urine only.
If you are pregnant do not take hCG. If you become pregnant during the hCG diet, stop taking hCG and consult your OB-GYN.
9. Will I experience any changes in my menstrual cycle taking hCG?
Because the amount of hCG is so small, there are no changes to your menstrual cycle. Likewise, hCG will not affect your ability to become pregnant, nor will it increase your chances of getting pregnant. It is best to avoid starting the hCG diet if you are within 5-6 days of your menstrual period. Wait until after your menstrual period is complete to start hCG. Once on hCG and you have a menstrual cycle, you can maintain the diet and continue taking hCG.
10. Can I exercise daily?
No high impact exercise! But you can engage in low level walking only. Restrict low level exercise to about 20 mins per day. Exercise burns calories and therefore causes your hunger to increase. The combination of low calorie intake and exercise could cause your body to go into starvation mode. This can negatively impact your stamina and commitment to the diet. So take it easy. And remember, you will be losing fat. So when you do go back to the gym, it’s a skinner, more energetic you!
If you are interested in this program, call us today to book in a consultation with a Doctor to begin your hCG journey!
Bioscor treats a wide range of skin issues. Find your area of concern and see what treatments we recommend.
Click here for our range of skincare solutions to learn more about them and see how they benefit you.
Developed by our doctors and dermal specialists, our products work to not only rejuvenate the skin, but also provide corrective benefits for problem skin.